Thursday, May 14, 2015

Coconut Cardamom Overnight Oats


Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I love to sit down with a huge mug of coffee and leisurely eat my breakfast while catching up on emails. In my ideal world, breakfast takes anywhere from 1-2 hours. I love preparing a good, healthy, satisfying meal each morning. Some of my favorites include homemade waffles with nut butter, crepes with gruyere cheese and ham, smoothies, homemade macca muffins, poached eggs on homemade bread, etc. Although delicious, NONE of these are quick. On a weekend, no problem, but during the week I don't have time to sit an watch my muffins cook in the oven for 15 minutes. 

I need something quick most mornings. 

But, I hate to have a just eat a crappy breakfast because it sets the tone for the day. When my breakfast is rushed or not a healthy, satisfying meal I feel off. 

Enter the weekday solution: Overnight Oats. 

These are so simple to prepare the night before and are easy to take with you on a busy morning. Plus, the options are endless! There are so many ways to customize the overnight oats recipe that it's hard to tire of them. 

The recipe below for Coconut Cardamom Overnight Oats is one that I have been enjoying lately. Part of why I like this recipe is because of it's nutritional benefits:
  • Coconut milk. Coconut milk is a creamy, delicious alternative to dairy or nut milks. It tastes wonderful and is full of good, healthy fats (medium chain fatty acids) that provide energy and are processed different that other saturated fats. 
  • Chia Seeds. Chia seeds are packed with protein and rich in Omega-3 fatty acids.
  • Organic Oats. A great source of carbohydrate, which is the most important fuel for endurance activities.
  • Greek yogurt. A good source of protein and calcium, which helps support bone health.
  • JEM Raw Organic Nut Butter. Full of good nutrients, including healthy fats and protein. Nut butter is not only delicious, but also helps keep you full for longer.
  • Hemp Hearts. These add a little texture and are also a good source of plant based protein and omega-3 fats. 


Coconut Cardamom Overnight Oats

by Stephanie Howe
Prep Time: 2-3 minutes
Keywords: raw breakfast vegan Pre-workout 
Ingredients (1 serving)
  • 1- 1 1/2 c. coconut milk ( I use regular, not unsweetened for a creamier taste)
  • 2-3 T chia seeds
  • 1/2 c rolled oats
  • 1 banana, cut into slices
  • 1/3- 1/2 c greek yogurt
  • 1/2 t ground cardamom
  • 1/4 t ground cinnamon
  • 1 T hemp hearts
  • 1 T pepitas
  • 1 T Jem cashew cardamum nut butter , drizzled on top
Instructions
In a small bowl combine coconut milk, chia seeds, oats, banana, cardamom, and cinnamon. Stir together until well combined.
Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator overnight.
In the morning, mix in yogurt, and hemp hearts. Top with pepitas and drizzle with JEM cashew cardamum nut butter . Sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon if desired.
Powered by Recipage



Mix together the night before


The next morning, add the rest of the ingredients, stir, and top with pepitas, nut butter, and cinnamon. So easy!


And delicious!


2 comments:

  1. A totally free to make sure you for instance only a delightful using important page. Document truly highly valued a good deal. Kind regards relating to submitting here round. Shield modernizing increased.
    My website : Breadmachinecenter.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. The worst time has passed”However, it is true that there are more improvements than before...because of the rising numbers of people living with HIV in the state of Nevada. How could they stigmatize all of them? Therefore everything becomes a little easier and we start to share everything... We also started to invite and visit each other in a community. You know, it is six years since I started taking antiretroviral drugs...Yet whatever problems I face, the worst time has passedWhen I was evicted from the family home by my mother, my father rented a small room for me. But my mother and brothers believed that having HIV was my own fault – and that I deserved to be punished...I also considered myself unworthy and without hope... But I have a child and eventually I convinced myself to live for my child’s sake.
    My mother knew nothing [about HIV]. She didn’t understand anything. Do you know why? She didn’t have [the chance] to go out of the house and communicate with society. However, my father does interact with the community. I know his friends are mature and dignified africa america. So he has a better understanding than her.My father came call me on a sadfull day sitting on my couch about a friend of his from africa who introduce him to Dr Itua herbal  cure in africa in which he advise we should purchase his herbal medicine to cure my hiv so we did and Dr Itua prescribed I should drink the herbal medicine for two weeks to cure although we were so curious about the whole thing ,I finished the herbal medicine like he advised then he talked to me to visit my nearest clinic for check up I did and now I'm totally cured from Hiv my father was my rock and I and my family are now happy together also Dr Itua has be helpful in my community ever since he cure my Hiv so why I'm leaving  my story on here today is to reach out someone out here to hope on God and never give up no matter the situation you that you are facing especially through this pandemic seasons which has really taught us all on how we should be helpful to each other and cherish one another.Dr Itua cures the following diseases.....  Herpes,Liver cancer,Throat cancerLeukemia.,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma  Infectious mononucleosis.
    Intestinal cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Bladder cancer,Hiv,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Oral cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis A,B/C,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,
    Testicular cancer,Thyroid Cancer.You can contact Dr Itua Herbal Center on E-Mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com  Or Whats-App Chat : +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete